Thank you Sesame King for providing me with complimentary jars of tahini and for sponsoring this giveaway!
One of my favorite weeknight meals is a stir fry. I usually throw in whatever frozen and fresh veggies I have on hand, add a sauce and make some rice. It’s so fast and filling, plus the leftovers are always tasty.
My favorite way to make a stir fry is without any frying.
Yes, you read that correctly: a no fry, stir fry.
Switching out the oil in your pan for little bit of water will give you the same results as a traditional stir fry. The recipe is simple: lots of veggies, delicious sauce and a plate of rice. You can always use a store bought stir fry sauce, however, those are usually loaded with sugar.
Tahini is the secret ingredient in this stir fry sauce. Usually, when I think tahini, I think hummus. Because, what else do you use tahini for?
Answer: LOTS OF THINGS!
In case you aren’t familiar, tahini is made from sesame seeds, and they are awesome. They contain sesamin and sesamolin, which are known as lignans. The lignans in sesame seeds have a cholesterol-lowering effect in humans, making sesame seeds a heart healthy food. Added bonus?
Sesame seeds are packed full of nutrients, including:
- Calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper and magnesium
- The amino acid Methionine, which helps you produce glutathione. Glutathione is your body’s best defense against free radical damage.
So if you’re on the fence about Tahini, start here:
- 3 tbsp roasted garlic tahini
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tbsp sriracha
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add it to your stir fry in the last 10 minutes of cooking
Your turn: are you a fan of sriracha? Would you like to win some Tahini for your kitchen?