Working out in an hour is not the easiest task, but it can be done. In the last few months, I’ve mastered my ability to get the most out of my lunch hour at the gym. I’ve shared a few of my favorite workouts before, but if I had to pick my absolute, it includes a variation of these exercises:
- Run one mile (10 minutes)
- 12 bicep curls (10lb) x 3
- 5 Sun Salutations (my all time favorite)
- 10 Russian kettle bell swings (25lb) x 3
- 12 squats alternating over head press using a 15lb bar on the bossu ball x 3
- Alternating lunges with 10lb weight
- Tricep dumbbell extensions (10lb) x 3
- Varying core exercises
- 10 minutes in the sauna (if time allows)
I will often focus on arms or legs, depending on the day. As long as I get a decent sweat going, I feel pretty good.
Your turn: what can I do to make the most of my lunch hour workout? Where do you draw fitness inspiration from?